Tuesday, October 02, 2012

A Signature Image

My inspiration came out of the fact the username I generally use most often is w00d which as it happens is also DOOM but backwards and upside down. Therefor I have always enjoyed modifying the Box ART of this very old and popular game, DOOM³ © ID Software a first person shooter. I have on occasion also used the image as a 'signature' image but the image just make's me giggle. 

For a little more drama I choose to animate my Box ART modification. The animation was created using a very old version of JASC Software's, Animation Shop 3. Which is to say in a somewhat less loftier fashion the application is simply an GIF file animator.

Nevertheless if 'lofty' is what you want then look to Blender a open source (free) animation creator and here is the download page. In the words of the software developer "
Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available under the GNU General Public License" I believe this application is simply the most feature rich animation creator which can be had for free!


GIF images use for the Animation













Original Box Art © ID Software



No comments:

Post a Comment